"What are the constituents of “care”? According to Heidegger, all our dealings with the world presuppose a kind of teleological background which is most readily apparent in our relations with equipment; all our engagement with the world incorporates the “towards-this”, the “towards-which”, the “for-thesake-of and the “in-order-to” (1962, p. 415). The structure of care simply reflects these essential teleological dimensions of experience. Care is the condition for the possibility of apprehending the world as a significant whole, as an arena of possible projects, goals and purposes. It incorporates the sense in which Heidegger claims that we are anchored in the past (facticity), situated in the present (fallenness) and forever looking to the future (projection), and the way in which these dimensions are inseparable from each other as conditions of engagement with the world. Its primary element is teleologically directed orientation towards future possibilities (e.g., 1962, p. 279); “in its very structure, care is ahead of itself” (1962, p. 263)."
Monday, February 15, 2010
I care
Through a Facebook conversation between Jeremy and Greg I found this great paper. I don't always get it when Jeremy explains this sort of stuff to me, but I get this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment