Today, after a great day spent on nearby Kvaløya island, Gustav (my Swedish housemate, whom I can hear practicing the violin downstairs as I type this) and I took a scenic route home. I had heard that our house was near a forested lake area called Prestvanet, but I hadn't yet had a chance to explore. This lake is quite literally right in my backyard - pretty unbelievable for a kid from Queens, NY huh?
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Beauty in your own backyard
Today, after a great day spent on nearby Kvaløya island, Gustav (my Swedish housemate, whom I can hear practicing the violin downstairs as I type this) and I took a scenic route home. I had heard that our house was near a forested lake area called Prestvanet, but I hadn't yet had a chance to explore. This lake is quite literally right in my backyard - pretty unbelievable for a kid from Queens, NY huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment